Multiple EPF UAN Accounts Member ID’s Linked To UAN | Check Online | Member Portal | April 2018 – Get in-depth details on how to check the list of Member Id’s linked to UAN, also find the difference between Member ID & UAN, one employee one epf account portal, how to add new pf account to uan & more @EPFOSCHEME.IN
Updated – April 2018
Difference Between UAN and Member ID
Universal Account Number
The universal account number or UAN is a number that is unique for each and every member who is a member/subscriber of Employees Provident Fund Organisation or EPFO, This UAN was allotted to every employee who was contributing to EPF.
UAN is a single formula that can make your work easy because Provident Funds or Member Id’s will be attached to UAN so one can maintain all Member Ids.
The usual procedure is that whenever a member changes his/her organisation and joined a new one and started contributing to EPF, All the process will end up with a new Member ID.
So, the every new Member ID must be linked to UAN. As we told you this is a unique number so the member can only have a single UAN number.
Having two UAN number is not acceptable but in some cases or procedural mistakes/errors or sometimes due to the fault of an employee, two or more UAN numbers allotted to a single employee in certain cases.
Our article on How To Merge or Deactivate 2 UAN Number will tell you the complete process of merging or deactivation two UAN Numbers.
EPF Member ID
The Employees Provident Fund Organisation or EPFO gives the Member Identification Number or Member Id for every employee in order to allow the employer so he/she can submit the EPS & EPF contribution for the employee.
On the behalf of an employee, every month the employer submits the PF money to the Employees Provident Fund Organisation.
This includes both the employer contribution, employee contribution, EPS (Employee Pension Scheme).
Usually, whenever the employee changes his/her organisation and started working under a new employer, The new employer will have to open a new account number for him in Employees Provident Fund Organisation.
So every time an employee changes their job they end up with a new member ID as it will be allotted to him.
The format of Member ID or PF Account Number is given below. The PF Account Number did not have an Extension code.
Example No. 1: Let’s imagine a guy with name Laxman and he is under an organisation somewhere in Chandigarh and the code he’ll have will be as PB/CHD/123456/321.
Example No. 2 (with extension code):
EPFO Office Code/Establishment Code/Extension/Account Number
The members who want to check or view the list of an employee’s Multiple PF Accounts which associated with the specific UAN can do it by 2 different ways:
UAN Member Portal
The member who has accessed the list can able to see an overview of the employee’s working information that how many organisations have been served by that particular employee, The date of joining and the date of leaving will also available there and the other information that you’ll gonna see are listed below:
- Multiple PF Account Number or Member Id’s
- Name of the Organisation
- Name (Registered with the EPFO for multiple organisations)
- DOJ EPS: Date of joining of (Employee Pension Scheme)
- DOE EPF: Date of exit of (Employee Pension Scheme)
- DOJ EPF: Date of joining (Employee Provident Fund)
- DOE EPF: Date of exit of (Employee Provident Fund)
- DOJ FPS: Date of joining of (Family Pension Scheme) – Not Available for those who joined after 1995.
- DOE FPS: Date of exit of (Family Pension Scheme) -Not Available for those who joined after 1995.
- In order to check the member id list from UAN portal, Firstly, the member has to login to UAN Portal by his/her login credentials at
- Now the further process is very simple just click on the VIEW tab and it will lead you to a new page where you have to find and click on the SERVICE HISTORY. Here you can access the PF Account list which associated with the specific UAN.
- Visitors who want to check the list through EPFO website. Must go to the main page of the website.
- Now at the main menu section, you’ll have to find and click on the tab named OUR SERVICES, a drop-down menu will now appear showing you different sections from which you have to click on the EMPLOYEES tab.
- Now on the employee’s section, you can see a SERVICES section in the bottom left corner in which you can easily find the link named KNOW YOUR CLAIM STATUS.
- On the next window, You have you enter your UAN & Captcha and after you filled the fields hit Enter.
- Now one can access the PF Account list which associated with the specific UAN.
- 1 Difference Between UAN and Member ID
- 2 Different Ways To Check Multiple PF Accounts Linked To UAN
- 3 How to Check Multiple PF accounts linked with UAN through UAN Member Portal
- 4 How to Check Multiple PF accounts linked with UAN through EPFO website